UP-TO-DATE REFERENCE ARTICLES
LATEST UPDATES TRACKING CORONAVIRUS
- Coronavirus Tips, Advice and Answers to your Questions, The New York Times, 22 May 2020
- Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count, The New York Times, 24 June 2020
- Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Global Outbreak, The New York Times, 24 June 2020
PHOTO/FILM INDUSTRY RELATED UPDATES & PROTOCOLS
- The Safe Way Forward, a Joint Report of the DGA, SAG-AFTRA, IATSE and Teamsters' Committees for COVID-19 Safety Guidelines.
- White Paper: Proposed Health & Safety Guidelines for Motion Picture, Television & Streaming Productions during the COVID-19 Pandemic; Alliance of Motion Pictures and Television Producers. Industry-wide Labor-Management Safety Task Force.
- THE ASMP GUIDE -- Safety While Shooting, by Thomas Maddrey, General Counsel for American Society for Media Photographers.
- AICP - COVID-19 Workplace Guidelines and Considerations.
- New Safety Production Guidelines, Lionsgate Motion Picture Group 2020-2021.
- Local 600 Principles, Key Recommendations and Recommended Department Protocols, the International Cinematographers Guide.
- Video Production Guidelines During COVID-19, Storyhunter
- The New Normal, A Client's Guide to the new world of Production & Post, Coolfire Studios. A really nice overview of their approach to production.
- Sports Video Group (SVG) - COVID-19 Resources; a vast collection of articles and white papers, including Cleaning & Sanitizing, Crews & Freelancers, Ventilation, Travel and more.
- HOO Appendix J, Reopening Protocol for Music, Television and Film Production, Effective June 12, 2020. County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health Order of the Health Officer.
UK Photo/Film Industry
- UK Television and Production recommended protocols
- UK Finalizes COVID-19 Production Guidelines, Deadline, 31 May 2020
Europe Photo/Film Industry
- Europe's Film Commissions Set out Common Production Safety Guidelines, The Ten Comandments for Safe Filming, Variety, 5 May 2020
- Filming Europe in Safety, Guidelines for Production during COVID-19 Country by Country, European Film Commissions Network (EUFCN)
HOW TO'S & RESOURCES
CLEANING SURFACES / EQUIPMENT
- How to Disinfect Camera Equipment and Spaces, LensRental.
- Olympus Camera Cleaning Guidelines for COVID-19
- How to Clean your Phone To Help Protect against Coronavirus, The New York Times, 12 March 2020
- Guide in How to Disinfect Your Camera and Gear amidst COVID-19 , Epfilms, 4 April 2020
- List of Disinfectants for Use Against COVID-19, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Cleaning Recommendations, CDC
- Q&A for Consumers, Hand Sanitizers and COVID-19, The Food and Drug Association
- Re-Opening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes, CDC
- SOL; A Professional Entertainment Industry Sanitation Service Company.
- NEW CLEANING TECHNOLOGY
- ACT CleanCoat, ACT CleanCoat™ is based on a disruptive technology that is specifically engineered to fight harmful microbes. When ACT CleanCoat™ is applied to surfaces they become self-disinfecting and decompose microbes like bacteria, viruses, airborne mold spores, and chemical compounds like VOCs. One coat provides protection for a full year.
- Public Bathrooms
- Flushing Could Spread the Coronavirus via poop Droplets
- Only 5% of People Wash Their Hands Properly
- Do You Really Need an Air Purifier
- The Germ-Cleaning Power of an Open Window!
- What you Need to Know about Air Purifiers and the COVID-19, Consumer Reports
- The Risks of Riding an Elevator
- The Office Elevator in COVID-19 Times: Experts Weigh in on Safer Ups and Downs, NPR
- Wear Masks in the Elevator and Keep Rides Short and Silent...., Washington Post.
- Going Up: How do You Stay Safe from COVID-19 in an Elevator, ABC News
- Tips for Elevator/Escalator Users Regarding COVID-19
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (Face Masks, Gloves, Gowns)
- Coronavirus, What Kind of Face Mask Gives the Best Protection against COVID-19, The Guardian, 23 Jun 2020
- Understanding the Difference Between N95 and a Surgical Mask, CDC
- Q&A's: Masks and COVID-19, WHO
- The Right Way to Wear a Mask & Gloves
- Sequence for Putting On and Taking Off PPE, CDC
- About Cloth Face Coverings, CDC
- When and How to Use Masks, WHO
- Read This Before you Stay in a Hotel, Hotel stays may not be the best move, but if you must, here's how to do it safely.
- Read This Before you Fly Anywhere, The risks you need to weigh and the precautions you need to take.
- Travel, CDC
- Every COVID-19 Symptom we Know About Right Now, from Head to Toe
- People Who are at Increased Risk for Severe Illness, CDC
- Getting the Coronavirus Twice is Highly Unlikely (in the Short Term).
- How COVID-19 Really Spreads
- The Science of Super-Spreaders
- How COVID-19 Spreads, CDC
- How to Return to Work Safely
- How much of the Coronavirus does it take to make you sick, the Science Explained.
CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC) Guidance on COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- How to Protect Myself and Others.
- What to Do if You are Sick.
- Should you Get Tested.
- GLOBAL Covid-19.
- COVID-19 Pandemic - Overview and Updates
- How to put on and remove Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY and HEALTH ASSOCIATION (OSHA)
Los Angeles, CA
- Reopening Protocol for Music, Television and Film Production: Appendix J Effective as of Friday, June 12, 2020.
- Coronavirus Resource Center, FilmLA, 23 June 2020. FilmLA resumed coordination of film permits on Monday, June 15. Please see our latest Production Alert, list of Frequently Asked Questions, and growing roster of areas reopening to filming.