UP-TO-DATE REFERENCE ARTICLES
LATEST UPDATES TRACKING CORONAVIRUS
- Coronavirus Tips, Advice and Answers to your Questions, The New York Times, 27 July 2020
- Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count, The New York Times, Updated Daily
- Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Global Outbreak, The New York Times, Updated Daily
- CDC Travel Recommendations by Destination, Updated Daily
- Coronavirus Vaccine Tracker, The NY Times, Updated Daily
STOP EXPECTING LIFE TO GO BACK TO NORMAL NEXT YEAR, Americans will need to take pandemic precautions well into 2021 — yes, even after a vaccine arrives. The New York Times, 15 September 2020.
Will Coronavirus Become Endemic?, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, 12 Oct 2020.
PHOTO/FILM INDUSTRY RELATED UPDATES & PROTOCOLS
- The Safe Way Forward, a Joint Report of the DGA, SAG-AFTRA, IATSE and Teamsters' Committees for COVID-19 Safety Guidelines.
- White Paper: Proposed Health & Safety Guidelines for Motion Picture, Television & Streaming Productions during the COVID-19 Pandemic; Alliance of Motion Pictures and Television Producers. Industry-wide Labor-Management Safety Task Force.
- ASMP's Health & Safety Guide for Covid-19, Released 8/14/20
- THE ASMP GUIDE -- Safety While Shooting, by Thomas Maddrey, General Counsel for American Society for Media Photographers.
- AICP - COVID-19 Workplace Guidelines and Considerations.
- New Safety Production Guidelines, Lionsgate Motion Picture Group 2020-2021.
- Local 600 Principles, Key Recommendations and Recommended Department Protocols, the International Cinematographers Guide.
- Video Production Guidelines During COVID-19, Storyhunter
- The New Normal, A Client's Guide to the new world of Production & Post, Coolfire Studios. A really nice overview of their approach to production.
- Sports Video Group (SVG) - COVID-19 Resources; a vast collection of articles and white papers, including Cleaning & Sanitizing, Crews & Freelancers, Ventilation, Travel and more.
- HOO Appendix J, Reopening Protocol for Music, Television and Film Production, Effective June 12, 2020. County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health Order of the Health Officer.
UK Photo/Film Industry
- UK Television and Production recommended protocols
- UK Finalizes COVID-19 Production Guidelines, Deadline, 31 May 2020
Europe Photo/Film Industry
- Europe's Film Commissions Set out Common Production Safety Guidelines, The Ten Comandments for Safe Filming, Variety, 5 May 2020
- Filming Europe in Safety, Guidelines for Production during COVID-19 Country by Country, European Film Commissions Network (EUFCN)
HOW TO'S & RESOURCES
TRACKING AN OUTBREAK
- Coronavirus Vaccine Tracker, The New York Times, Updated Daily
- Fever Checks are on the Rise, but are They Effective Gatekeepers? The New York Times, 14 September 2020
- Point of Care Testing, The PA Department of Health, 30 July 2020
- FDA Approves New Saliva-Based Covid-19 Test, The Scientist, 17 August 2020
CLEANING SURFACES / EQUIPMENT
- Podcast: Hygiene Theater: The Deep Cleaning Performances That Offer Little Protection from Covid-19, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 28 September 2020
- "Research has shown that COVID-19 transmission is largely through airborne droplets and particles expelled during sneezing, coughing, talking, and singing. There’s little evidence, though, that surfaces are making us sick. Microbiologist Dr. Emanuel Goldman talks with Stephanie Desmon about the science behind COVID transmission research, the strong evidence that infection comes from aerosols and not surfaces, and how excess sanitation in public spaces may be giving us a false sense of security when all we really need is to wash our hands."
- How to Disinfect Camera Equipment and Spaces, LensRental.
- Olympus Camera Cleaning Guidelines for COVID-19
- How to Clean your Phone To Help Protect against Coronavirus, The New York Times, 12 March 2020
- Guide in How to Disinfect Your Camera and Gear amidst COVID-19 , Epfilms, 4 April 2020
- List of Disinfectants for Use Against COVID-19, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Cleaning Recommendations, CDC
- Q&A for Consumers, Hand Sanitizers and COVID-19, The Food and Drug Association
- Re-Opening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes, CDC
- SOL; A Professional Entertainment Industry Sanitation Service Company.
- NEW CLEANING TECHNOLOGY
- ACT CleanCoat, ACT CleanCoat™ is based on a disruptive technology that is specifically engineered to fight harmful microbes. When ACT CleanCoat™ is applied to surfaces they become self-disinfecting and decompose microbes like bacteria, viruses, airborne mold spores, and chemical compounds like VOCs. One coat provides protection for a full year.
- Public Bathrooms, Coronavirus Blog, 23 May 2020
- Flushing Could Spread the Coronavirus via poop Droplets, Elemental Blog, 16 June 2020
- Only 5% of People Wash Their Hands Properly, Elemental Blog, 19 December 2020
- How risky is using a public restroom during the COVID-19 pandemic? Medical Xpress, 15 July 2020
- What to Do When You Need to Use a Public Bathroom During a Pandemic, The New York Times, 24 June 2020
- Public restrooms: What you need to know about using them safely amid the pandemic, CNN,23 June 2020
- How Indoor Ventilation Systems Can Help Prevent or Permit the Spread of Covid-19, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 29 September 2020
- Do You Really Need an Air Purifier, Elemental Blog, 12 March 2020
- The Germ-Cleaning Power of an Open Window!, Elemental Blog, 9 April 2020
- What you Need to Know about Air Purifiers and the COVID-19, Consumer Reports, 5 May 2020
- Ventilation and Coronavirus (COVID-19), The EPA, 16 July 2020
- Indoor Air and Coronavirus (COVID-19), The EPA, 16 July 2020
- Q&A: Ventilation and air conditioning in public spaces and buildings and COVID-19, WHO, 29 July 2020
- The Risks of Riding an Elevator,The New York Times, 19 May 2020
- The Office Elevator in COVID-19 Times: Experts Weigh in on Safer Ups and Downs, NPR, 8 June 2020
- Wear Masks in the Elevator and Keep Rides Short and Silent, Washington Post, 22 June 2020
- Going Up: How do You Stay Safe from COVID-19 in an Elevator, ABC News, 15 June 2020
- Tips for Elevator/Escalator Users Regarding COVID-19
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (Face Masks, Gloves, Gowns)
- Coronavirus, What Kind of Face Mask Gives the Best Protection against COVID-19, The Guardian, 23 Jun 2020
- Understanding the Difference Between N95 and a Surgical Mask, CDC
- Q&A's: Masks and COVID-19, WHO
- The Right Way to Wear a Mask & Gloves
- Sequence for Putting On and Taking Off PPE, CDC
- About Cloth Face Coverings, CDC
- When and How to Use Masks, WHO
- Coronavirus Travel Advice, Mayo Clinic
- Travel, CDC, updated 9 August 2020
- Travel during the COVID-19 Pandemic, CDC, updated 9 August 2020
- Travel: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers, CDC updated 9 August 2020
- Travel Advice, WHO
- Read This Before you Stay in a Hotel, Hotel stays may not be the best move, but if you must, here's how to do it safely.
- Read This Before you Fly Anywhere, The risks you need to weigh and the precautions you need to take.
- Podcast: Asymptomatic Infection with Covid-19 -- WHY UNIVERSAL MASK WEARING IS SO IMPORTANT, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 21 August 2020
- Every COVID-19 Symptom we Know About Right Now, from Head to Toe
- People Who are at Increased Risk for Severe Illness, CDC
- Getting the Coronavirus Twice is Highly Unlikely (in the Short Term).
- How COVID-19 Really Spreads
- The Science of Super-Spreaders
- How COVID-19 Spreads, CDC
- How to Return to Work Safely
- How much of the Coronavirus does it take to make you sick, the Science Explained.
CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC) Guidance on COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- How to Protect Myself and Others.
- What to Do if You are Sick.
- Should you Get Tested.
- GLOBAL Covid-19.
- COVID-19 Pandemic - Overview and Updates
- How to put on and remove Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- NATIONAL GOVERNORS ASSOCIATION - #ReOpen, Last Updated 11 August 2020
- State by state Re-Opening and Recovery Plans, Last Reviewed, 7 August 2020
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY and HEALTH ASSOCIATION (OSHA)
Los Angeles, CA
- Reopening Protocol for Music, Television and Film Production: Appendix J Effective as of Friday, June 12, 2020.
- Coronavirus Resource Center, FilmLA, 23 June 2020. FilmLA resumed coordination of film permits on Monday, June 15. Please see our latest Production Alert, list of Frequently Asked Questions, and growing roster of areas reopening to filming.